Forum
SEARCH FORUM:
Facebook
Twitter
Googleplus
Nike
Style_council
Nike

I’m 5’9, and I love wearing heels, but I always feel constantly restricted to wear heels, because all my best friends are like 5;3, which makes me look like a tree near them, or people just look at me weirdly on the street. I refuse to go out with anyone under 6ft.
I’m just sick and tired of feeling insecure about my height…I trying to not care anymore…I wear heels occasionally, but I want to put on a pair of heels, and not feel sceptical about what people think of me…

posted over 9 years ago
becalala
Style_council
becalala

I’m the same! I’m 6ft, maybe a little taller, and I feel so self conscious about wearing heels when I tower over everyone and they stare. Though when I do wear them with my tall friend I feel great. It’s just annoying as Id love to wear gorgeous platforms but I tend to get heels without them.

posted over 9 years ago

Nike
Style_council
Nike

It’s so frustrating but that is a good thing to do…wear heels with your tall friends, but all mine are short lol. :S

sad times

posted over 9 years ago

chicchica_bonita
New_user chicchica_bonita is new to Chictopia!

Make Her Feel Welcome with Chic Points
10 points - Become a fan
5 points - Vote her photos into the Style Gallery
1 point - Post a comment on her photos

When chicchica_bonita reaches 200 Chic Points, she will be in the Style Council!
chicchica_bo...

I only wish I could say I was taller, but I guess the best thing you could do would be to stand tall and proud and you’ll find the right guy and everything will be ok :) in the meantime, just focus on how hot you’ll look :D

posted over 9 years ago

boredstephanie
Style_council
boredstephanie

the problem is not your height but your own insecurity. 5’9 is like perfect model height, a girl’s dreams! People might stare at you because you’re different but not neccesarily in a bad way. When I see girls that tall, I’m like wow shes tall. Its not a bad observation though! You should just be comfortable with your height and don’t be afraid to wear pretty heels =]

posted over 9 years ago

hazellovesdesign
Style_council
hazellovesde...

I agree stand tall and be proud! I’m also have friends who are short but that doesn’t stop me from wearing my heels! I love heels, I pay a lot of money for them, so I am going to wear them as often as I please! :)

posted over 9 years ago

Nike
Style_council
Nike

Awww guys blushes* you made me feel much better :D

posted over 9 years ago

nay_myquel
Style_council
nay_myquel

grl nvr stop wearn heels for nobody..im 5’9 and proud when i walk down the street at 6feet tall =)

posted over 9 years ago

jess_bombshell
Style_council
jess_bombshell

I’m exactly the same. I’m 5’11 and I would love to wear cute heels but i never do because I feel sooooo tall and people stare.

posted over 9 years ago

DaintaBo
Style_council
DaintaBo

I’m 5’9 1/2 and I love wearing my heels. All my friends are shorter than me, but I wear them anyway.

posted over 9 years ago

quirkyexplosion
Style_council
quirkyexplosion

It kind of freaks me out when tall people wear high heels (i’m short), but whatevaaa, GO FOR IT. I admire a girl that’s tall + taller (taller = heels) and rockin’ the height with confidence! :)

posted over 9 years ago

headintheclouds
Style_council
headintheclouds

I admit that I am tall (6’2") and DON’T wear heels, but if I was your height I probably would! I think part of the reason us tall gals feel insecure is because people are rude and insensitive. “Wow, you’re so tall!” um…. excellent observation! I once had an old lady start eyeing my feet from the neighboring bathroom stall in a public bathroom and when I came out she started talking to be about how she saw I had big feet and I must me tall. Creepyyyy.

posted over 9 years ago

fashion_cat
Style_council
fashion_cat

I’m 5’11 and I LOVEEE wearing heels..i admit that i dont wear them everyday but i do wear them a lot..when i was younger i was a little bit insecure about my height but I quickly got over it..make sure to be comfortable and confident when you are wearing them and then you will have nothing to worry about!

posted over 9 years ago

pandaphilia
Style_council
pandaphilia

Ugh you’re lucky. At that height you could model anything! That’s the ultimate glam. I’m 5’3" and I get so excited when heels bring me up to 5’7" or 5’8". I’d kill to be that height naturally

posted over 9 years ago

fashion_cat
Style_council
fashion_cat

thanks!! It’s crazy because growing up I wanted to be shorter so I could be the same height as my friends but now im glad im tall..i love it!

posted over 9 years ago

rocket_girl
Style_council
rocket_girl

I love looking at tall girls who wear heels, they have such long legs, which I’ll never have haha.

posted over 9 years ago

Kittany
Style_council
Kittany

I’m not extremely tall… in fact I’m short when I’m around my bf (6’5")and his friends, but at 5’7", I tower over the majority of my friends(5’0"). I like to wear heels though, and I usually wear them whenever I’m going out with the bf or to work, and by chance when I’m hanging with my friends, I’m usually dressed more casually and consequently wearing flats.

Anyway, dress for your own comfort! If you like your heels, wear them. :) Height isn’t necessarily bad and you shouldn’t let it make you feel like people are criticizing you. People notice things when they are different, so make your differences work to your advantage. :D

IMHO…I think any girls (tall or short) who rock heels are awesome. Whatever you do, do it with confidence, and no one will question you!

posted over 9 years ago

sheflies1
Style_council
sheflies1

I too am 5’9" and until recently i was not at all comfortable wearing heels. All my life i shrugged and hunched over to be the same height as my friends, then in college i met and dated a guy who was 6’5" HUGE right? I started wearing heels more and more often and most of the time i wasn’t even with him when i was wearing them. He taught me that many guys find tall girls attractive and nothing makes the legs look longer than some amazing heel, plus were girls; hasn’t it been our dream since we were little to wear mommies heels?

posted over 9 years ago

xoxopaige
Style_council
xoxopaige

i am about 5’11" and i LOVE to wear my heels. i’ve always been the ‘taller" one growing up i’m pretty much used to standing over people. yet, i feel like when i wear heels my confidence goes through the roof, my posture becomes impeccable, and i have people turning heads left and right ;o)

ladies, put your heels on and STRUT!

posted over 9 years ago

Bennie52491
Style_council
Bennie52491

I LOVE TALL GIRLS WHO WEAR HEELS! I always dreamed of being tall and walking down the runway at a Victoria Secret fashion show. I think girls who are tall look really nice and they stand out in a crowd :D

posted over 9 years ago

keogan42
Style_council
keogan42

i’m tall and i wear heels. look, people want to be tall. parents want their children to be tall. tall people can gain weight and not look too different. guys love tall girls. (unfortunately, it’s always short guys that especially love tall girls, lol). so, yes, you will stick out a little bit in heels, but as long as you are confident in them, then you will look great. plus heels make you look slender and the appearance of better posture. wear the heels and feel good!

posted over 9 years ago

lokisale
Style_council
lokisale

i think that heels its the most fabulous thig that a woman can wear!!! i mean, i´m really tall and i love all my heels, awwww i love it so much, only to see them, makes me happy =)

posted over 9 years ago

Lollidella
Style_council
Lollidella

Every time I see tall girls I immediately say “wow” and feel a bit jealous! Be proud cause tall is beautiful. No matter what your height, be proud of it and don’t shy away.

posted over 9 years ago

FabricatedFashion
Style_council
FabricatedFa...

I am 5’9" and LOVE wearing heels, I have never felt insecure about being tall. In fact I wish I was a hear taller! @Nike You have a definite reason to wear heels if you only want to date boys who are 6 foot+ eliminate the short ones by being taller than them. Do be worried about your height…FLAUNT it!

posted over 9 years ago

v_toria
Style_council
v_toria

I’m 5’8" , so not overly tall and love to wear heels that most of the time bring me up to around 6’. I say embrace your height! :D

posted over 9 years ago
REPLY TO DISCUSSION
Please log in. Don't have an account? Sign up here.
Continue_with_facebook
or login below
Username
Password