SEARCH FORUM:

Forum > Beauty

Facebook
Twitter
Googleplus
LittleWing
Style_council
LittleWing

apologies if there has already been a thread like this!

so yeah, title is self explanotory! :)

talk about anything you like;
-why you became a vegetarian
-how people react
-favourite foods
-does it affect your health

blah blah :)

posted over 9 years ago
1 3
GlossyCheshireCat
Style_council
GlossyCheshi...

I agree with *LittleWing*’s statement said :D
that would be cool ;-)

posted about 9 years ago

KaylaMeow
Style_council
KaylaMeow

I am not a vegetarian but my mum is one ! :D
So, I always follow her to the vegetarian restaurants to have our meals, its yummy, actually vege do not suck, I dont know why some people cant eat it !
<3

posted about 9 years ago

tayloriginal
Style_council
tayloriginal

My mom hates the fact that I don’t eat meat and she calls me a hippie.

posted about 9 years ago

DanielaCabalova
Style_council
DanielaCabalova

I´ve been vegetarian for like 6 years now (I had a break though, like two years ago…I suffered from anorexia and had to eat fish and chicken (still managed to avoid red meats, fortunately…) as a part of my recovery…but quitted as soon as I was officially “healthy” again).

My parents were always quite cool about it, my mom tends to make a big deal out of what to cook for me when I´m visiting, but she´s doing pretty well and makes the best vegetarian chilli I´ve ever had:)

Turned my fiancé into a vegetarian three months after we started dating and now he says he´d never eat anything that was once alive again (funny, considering the fact that he´s been THE meat eater at the beginning and couldn´t go without a steak:))

posted about 9 years ago

tanyabell
Style_council
tanyabell

@taylor lol I’m a hippie, too XD

@daniela do you still eat fish and chicken?

posted about 9 years ago

mackenziemagic
Style_council
mackenziemagic

I’m a vegetarian, have been for 4 years… All my family supports me and is super impressed I’m still going strong, since I started when I was 11, and it was my choice (:
Since being a vegetarian though, I’ve become anemic (my mom has it, and eating meat was the only thing that kept it from coming out) and now I’m always cold, get sick really easily, and bruise for no reason. So, now I’m on a daily multi-vitamin and iron pills, in addition to what was prescribed by my doctor for random crap (:

posted about 9 years ago

Myaker
Style_council
Myaker

Im a vegetarian. I just recently became one again, i was a vegetarian for two years, a couple years ago, but fell off the wagon. Then i decided to get back to my supporting of the animals, last feburary. I have noo cravings at all for meat after i read the book “Eating animals” by Jonathan Saffran Foer. Amazing book by the way. Im working my way up to being a vegan, slowly cutting off chocolate, and milk, dairy products. Im just having a hard time giving up cheese! My family always gets annoyed with it, since they are such meatheads. Anyway i love being a vegetarian. Im a little bit of a hippie. :)

posted about 9 years ago

GlossyCheshireCat
Style_council
GlossyCheshi...

Vegetarians rule. :-D

Well, I really think that vegetarianism is one of the most important thing to support if we want to help the environment & our health!

posted about 9 years ago

LittleWing
Style_council
LittleWing

So many interesting comments to read :) thanks everyone!

I am really missing my vegie curries that i made so often! I’ve recently had 5 teeth out…it makes eating so difficult =[ haha

posted almost 9 years ago

Jazumon
Style_council
Jazumon

I’ve gone veggie for a year and a half now, and started recently to eat fish. So I’m a pescetarian I guess? I like sushi too much. :X

opfiend
Style_council
opfiend

I’ve been a vegetarian for 3 1/2 years. I’ve recently started eating plant-eating fish so I am now a pescetarian. I was told eating meat could have contributed to me getting rheumatoid arthritis so I stopped eating it. Whether or not it did, I was looking for motivation to do something I’d wanted to do for years. My boyfriend pretty much just eats meat when we go out and our difference in diets has never caused us problems.

Umbrellastripes
Style_council
Umbrellastripes

i was pescetarian (only ate fist) for a year or so and just a month ago i became an actual vegetarian.
i love being vegetarian, i’m lactose intolerant too so i can’t have dairy product.
i make sure to eat lots of protein from nuts, tofu, beans, nutritional yeast etc. also i get lots of calcium from soymilk and certain vegetables and stuff
my family often gets annoyed and think that it’s not healthy but i’ve been perfectly fine and feel a lot healthier.
i personally gave it up because i feel bad for eating animals. i find them all equally cute and think they should have just as much of a right to live as humans do. they are raised in horrible conditions and aren’t fed properly. also people these days eat way to much meat so the animals are bred to grow faster and fatter which is really not very healthy.
i gave up fish finally because i ate some lobster my uncle got and i felt really nauseous after because of the texture and not being used to eating fish too often
i don’t judge others for not being vegetarian but i hate when they are rude to me about my choice to not eat meat.

solybBy
Style_council
solybBy

Maybe one day I’ll be able to give up meat…but I dont understand still why its so bad…. I mean its the circle of life…animals eat other animals all the time with no mercy … its just the way it is…I dont agree with torture..but I dont know..not convinced

staystitching
Style_council
staystitching

I’m going vegetarian after new years
not as a new years resolution but as a way of fasting
I love meatttttt I do
but I love my brother more
so i think i can give up meat until he gets saved

tanyabell
Style_council
tanyabell

@moosie…what happened to your brother???

Catherinee
Style_council
Catherinee

solybBy, I’m not trying to preach… but saying it’s “just the way it is” justifies many horrifying actions. What happens to most farm animals is torture. Most Americans buy meat from large corporations, which obviously don’t give a damn enough to provide their animals with remotely humane conditions. Think small spaces, filth, no access to sunlight, etc.

solybBy
Style_council
solybBy

@Catherinee Okay…you make sense, but what about dairy products??? I mean it doesn’t really involve killing…does it, I mean im pretty sure not all dairy farms treat their animals like crap.

Petrakieva
Style_council
Petrakieva

I am a veterinarian and I love animals. But beening a doctor and knowing biology and anatomy I know that being a vegan or vegeterian is not that good for ur body. I don’t want to insult and I ain’t trying to influence anyone but in my opinion beeing a vegie is unhelthy. But yet eating meat all the time is unhealthy too. So eating a steak once in a while and eating fish once a week is good way to keep ur body healthy.

1 3
REPLY TO DISCUSSION
Please log in. Don't have an account? Sign up here.
Continue_with_facebook
or login below
Username
Password