SEARCH FORUM:

Forum > Beauty

Facebook
Twitter
Googleplus
stylemesteph
Style_council
stylemesteph

For a long time I’ve had a passion for hair. I’ve had it long, short, bangs, curls, layered, you name it and I’ve had it. Lately I’ve been wondering if I should get a “BOB” or Lob, or invest in long hair. From what I’ve read long hair is great for people with textured hair (volume or frizz in my case) because it weighs down the hair, keeps it sleek and with a great cut is easy to maintain. But on the other had so is short hair, its fun, easy, and playful (perfect for summer). What’s your opinion?
http://www.stylemesteph.com/ (for pics)

posted over 8 years ago
alinaceusan
Style_icon
alinaceusan

def.long..love long hair & my longish hair

posted over 8 years ago

Sal505
Style_council
Sal505

It REALLY depends on the cut! whenever I’ve gone short I find it’s easier to manage and lighter in the summer but I’ve had one bad cut that was hell to maintain and I had to use a lot of product to get it the way I wanted it. The problem was it was too short at the back so it was really awkward :S

posted over 8 years ago

juju_noodle85
Style_council
juju_noodle85

I love having short hair. so easy and playfull!

posted over 8 years ago

Catherinee
Style_council
Catherinee

Long hair just doesn’t feel right on me, though I love it on others! I’ve had a medium length bob for the past 2.5 years and it’s sort of become my signature hairstyle, if you will. Short hair is pretty consistent for me – I don’t have to do much for it to look good. I have more bad hair days when my hair is long(er), but there’s so much more you can do with it in the event that you’re not satisfied with it.

posted over 8 years ago

Rajguru_ONeill
Style_council
Rajguru_ONeill

depends on other things, like the cut, your face shape and your overall personal look! but for me, it’s long hair. you just have so many more variations of styles you can do, you can always make your hair seem shorter, but with short hair you cant make it look any longer once its straightened. :/ but its your choice! :)

posted over 8 years ago

whatswithamy
Style_icon
whatswithamy

I love long hair. I feel like I’ve cultivated my hair, and waited patiently for it to grow. I love the versatility of having long hair. I can throw it up, back, down, sideways, whatever I please. The only problem is the knotty knots. Also, a summer sun can drive my hair to sweat, which drives me crazy. Either way, I prefer long hair on girls. short hair can be chic too.. just not for me.. :)

posted over 8 years ago

PetitePanoply
Style_council
PetitePanoply

I think having short hair is a lot more bold and original than just letting it grow. I loved having short hair – hardly anybody had a haircut like me and my hair actually had style rather than just sitting there. I’m growing mine out a little right now and got bangs relatively recently, but it’s still not long. And that’s also because I had my short hair the same for years and needed a change. Both can look good though!

posted over 8 years ago

hotlikemexico
Style_council
hotlikemexico

long is easier cause u can do alot of updos, and curls but it gets boring, so both lol!

posted over 8 years ago

parisfashionlover
Style_council
parisfashion...

I love my long hair! I had to cut it to my shoulders cause it was so damaged. I can’t wait for it to grow back!

posted over 8 years ago

MiuSan
Style_council
MiuSan

I think short is more of a statement, and long is more traditional for girls.
Maintainance-wise, both take about the same effort if the cut is right.

I get bored of my hair fairly quick, so i like to change it up a lot, even got clip on things now to go longer at times =P

posted over 8 years ago

OnTheGanges
Style_council
OnTheGanges

It depends on your facial structure and to a point, what your body looks like. I had long hair (down to my bum) most of my life but being so short, it made me look like a child. Now it’s short and it accents my face a lot better. So, it depends. I think you’d look good with a longer version of a pixie style cut. (Is that considered a bob? Hmm…I’m not sure now.)

posted over 8 years ago

snow
Style_council
snow

I’ve had long hair most of my life (butt length+), though it’s shortish now. As others have mentioned, it depends on the individual, what they look like and feel comfortable with. I am small and thin, having shorter hair, I find I get more compliments and it is more age appropriate for me right now.

posted over 8 years ago

FeathersandGlamour
Style_council
FeathersandG...

I think it depends on the person.It can really affect how old you look. Short hair makes some people look mature, but it makes me look like a 5 year old with chubby cheeks. I’m definitely a long hair kinda girl.

posted over 8 years ago

messdress
New_user messdress is new to Chictopia!

Make Her Feel Welcome with Chic Points
10 points - Become a fan
5 points - Vote her photos into the Style Gallery
1 point - Post a comment on her photos

When messdress reaches 200 Chic Points, she will be in the Style Council!
messdress

i love long hair, make me feel sexy

posted over 8 years ago

BlaqkTongue
Style_council
BlaqkTongue

I personally love long hair. My hair is quite long actually (past my belly button). It just sucks when it’s really windy or really hot aha.

posted over 8 years ago

pinkylimited
New_user pinkylimited is new to Chictopia!

10 points - Become a fan

When pinkylimited reaches 200 Chic Points, she will be in the Style Council!
pinkylimited

why don’t you try medium length hair? i think its very versatile since it give you the playfulness but with the fun of being able to style it and its pretty low maintenance.

posted over 8 years ago

mcbaral
Style_council
mcbaral

Long hair for sure, because you can always change the hair style in different ways. Short hair doesnt have much options,,,Besides that I think most men prefer girls with long hair, that can be a seductive weapon

posted over 8 years ago

yamigirl
Style_council
yamigirl

personally I love long/shoulder length hairstyles, but it depends on face structures and if someone looks good in short hairstyles (Halle Berry) then they should totally rock it

posted over 8 years ago

raven_savedtheday
New_user raven_savedtheday is new to Chictopia!

10 points - Become a fan

When raven_savedtheday reaches 200 Chic Points, she will be in the Style Council!
raven_savedt...

I had hair that was extremely long. I mean LONG. I just got so tired of spending an hour on it everyday, so I went to my stylist and asked him to HACK IT OFF. It’s pixie short….and I LOVE IT. I’ve never been so happy with my hair. I am super tall and skinny, but my hair and the length makes me feel like a goddess ;) So I adore it. plus you can throw in some punk rock color, I currently have half green, make it punk and CHIC .

posted over 8 years ago

tightsandtea
Style_council
tightsandtea

I feel like long hair is 1000x more versatile than short—even just playing around with the hair that frames the face can easily change a look. I’ve had pretty long hair all my life (~elbow length), and I cut it myself because I don’t trust anyone else with it lol. I asked for a trim two years ago, and they cut like a foot of my hair :|.
I had a friend who cut her hair short five years ago, and she’s still trying to grow it out because she hates that awkward in-between length and always gets a trim every couple months. if your’e not too concerned about that, go for it!

and about the textured hair—I had a friend who had frizzy hair that was long, but the right person cut it and layered her hair short, and it made her curls come to life :)

posted over 8 years ago

Fashionforever
New_user Fashionforever is new to Chictopia!

10 points - Become a fan

When Fashionforever reaches 200 Chic Points, she will be in the Style Council!
Fashionforever

I definatly like short for the summer it is so much easier!

posted over 8 years ago

Friidam
Style_council
Friidam

I like long hair the best!

posted over 8 years ago

sukavati
Style_council
sukavati

It depends on the person and the cut. I’ve never had it very long, just down to my ribcage, but it was out of control and I had to straighten it everyday. When it got too hard to manage, I cut it up to my shoulders, but I still have to straighten it everyday because it’s wavy and it looks really big when I don’t straighten it. I guess I can’t win either way :/

posted over 8 years ago

stylemesteph
Style_council
stylemesteph

Oh don’t worry :) I used to have wild hair, and I hated it! I wanted to be one of those lucky people that could just walk out of the shower and do nothing and my hair would look great. And I got that, I had to pay 80 something euro’s for a hair cut, but it literally changed my hair! I hardly do anything to it :D..but it did take me awhile to find that hairdresser, took me a lot of bad haircuts, but it was worth it!

posted over 8 years ago
REPLY TO DISCUSSION
Please log in. Don't have an account? Sign up here.
Continue_with_facebook
or login below
Username
Password