Forum > Beauty

Facebook
Twitter
Googleplus
pleasurebabyy
Style_council
pleasurebabyy

If ever you happen to be on a diet…
what kind of diet would it be? ? Im just curious to know .
because sometimes i eat way too much lol

Overall just how to stay fit *

posted about 10 years ago
heck
Style_council
heck

I watch everything that goes into my body. No hydrogenated oils, no high fructose corn syrup, and and I try to keep the processed foods out of my diet. But of course, sometimes those things slip in.
If you limit those types of foods, I think that would definitely help
Also, you need to exercise!

I’m Vegan so I definitely limit a lot of things that I consume, but it’s helped me become very health conscious.

SpammishRice
Style_council
SpammishRice

I started watching my food intake when I found out I was pregnant last year. After I had the baby, I kept up the healthy diet just to see where it would take me — I’ve lost all the baby weight PLUS 15 more pounds (I was already overweight when I was pregnant), and I’m still losing weight.

I cut down on soda (it used to be twice daily, now it’s once every two weeks or so), and that’s a biggie. I eat as much whole grains as possible, including whole wheat pasta, wheat bread, etc. I eat breakfast everyday — I’ve found just one bowl of cereal with fiber (I eat Honey Nut Cheerios) in the morning cuts my appetite drastically for the rest of the day, so I end up eating less overall. I’m really bad with veggies, so every dinner I fill up literally half my plate with vegetables, then the other half I split between a lean meat and a healthy carb, or at least a healthier version of an unhealthy carb (like mashed potatoes that uses cholesterol-friendly butter, or using whole wheat pasta in mac ‘n’ cheese). I also eat 4-5 times a day to keep my metabolism steady. I usually snack on fruit or crackers and cheese. Plus, I drink a lot of water, and at least one glass of lowfat milk everyday (osteoporosis runs in my family so calcium is important)

And I also do what Heck does in the comment above (except for the vegan part) — I try to keep my food as natural as possible, not only for the weight, but for heart health as well. Keeping an eye on the ingredients list is a major help — if a hydrogenated oil or a sugar product is within the first five on the list, I don’t eat it.

Even though all that above sounds really strict, I still eat whatever I want, just in moderation. I’ll still eat fast food, but I won’t get a big meal with fries and soda, just a burger and water or carbonated juice (blackberry IZZE is the only thing that worked to keep me off soda, because I’m SUCH a soda fiend). If I eat a pizza, I don’t get pepperoni, because each pepperoni slice is like 60-100 calories, and I don’t go scarfing down half the pizza.

I know that’s a lot to read, but really, I just stay conscious of what I eat. If you’re concerned with eating too much, try keeping a food journal for a few days to see exactly what your eating and how much. I did that once and I ended up eating less throughout the day because I didn’t want to have write down so much stuff in the journal!

New_user 32348 is new to Chictopia!

Make Her Feel Welcome with Chic Points
10 points - Become a fan
5 points - Vote her photos into the Style Gallery
1 point - Post a comment on her photos

When 32348 reaches 200 Chic Points, she will be in the Style Council!

I’m not a fan of dieting, but I do make more conscious eating decisions. It’s more a lifestyle/habit than going on a diet for a couple of months.

I try to eat more natural and less processed food, if it has a bunch of ingredients I don’t recognize on the label, I don’t eat it. I don’t drink soda or juices cuz I think they’re too sweet for my taste. Instead, I have water and occasionally, tea or hot chocolate. As for food, I eat about 2 fist sized portions for a large meal and 1 fist for a snack. Also, I try to have about 4-6 meals/snacks a day which keeps up my metabolism and prevents my body from storing up fats cuz I’d be burning it off throughout the day with smaller meals.

Eat lots of fruits and veggies, keep the meals as colorful as possible (not with sauces and ketchup, but with different veggies and meat, etc). As for seafood, I go for smaller fish like sardines than tuna because it has less mercury content while still being good for you with Omega-3s.

A major part of staying fit is eating right AND exercising regularly. You can’t really have one without the other and still be healthy overall.

Beware of fad diets…they are only temporary solutions and often, once you’re off the diet, you’ll gain some if not all the weight back again.

_holic
Style_council
_holic

i’m working on losing weight but its been gradual. the biggest factor is proportion like eating three small low sugar/fat meals no snacking. i know a lot of vit C is good for you. yogart also has some good effects. recently i read there was this banana diet where in the morning drink 2 warm cups of water (to rehydrate) and eat as many bananas as you need to feel full. if you eat slower you’ll feel full quicker, which is hard for me cause i’ve always eaten quickly during meals. throwing in some exercise will keep you in shape / toned but doesn’t have to be a full blown workout. also pilattes yoga and stretching can take your mind off food if you get hungry in between meals. hope this helps :)

New_user 32348 is new to Chictopia!

10 points - Become a fan

When 32348 reaches 200 Chic Points, she will be in the Style Council!

I don’t think that eating the same thing everyday is good for you. you’re not going to get all the nutrients and vitamins you need. variety is key and the more diverse range of foods you eat, the more well-rounded the diet will be. your body still needs sugar, fat, and salt to function properly, so don’t completely eliminate them from your diet.

as long as you moderate the amounts and follow the serving guidelines, that would be most beneficial in the long run. but with most diets and weight loss regimes…consult a doctor. seriously, it makes more sense that way and if you do a blood test, they’ll tell you what nutrients/vitamins you could be lacking in your diet.

rotting
Style_council
rotting

I don’t think dieting is ever the way to go. I think people should just make more healthy choices. Like me, i don’t diet. I just started thinking about my health when i was obsessing over losing 10 pounds and researching different foods like crazy. I became disgusted by what i was putting into my body. If you research what’s actually in most foods, how their made, etc, i think most people would put aside a few things they eat regularly. But anyways, i just generally make more healthy choices, romaine lettuce instead of iceberg, fruits instead of chips, plain cereal instead of super sugary cereal, skim milk. Etc! You just have to think about not only your weight, but your overall health, especially in the long run. And exercise will keep you in shape (duh) if you do it often. I sometimes exercise 3 days out of the week for a period of time and i notice an improvement. And walking is excellent exercise! Also, don’t eat 3 big meals a day. You should eat every few hours, it’s supposed to make your metabolism faster!

teamB_macro
Style_council
teamB_macro

I recently started counting my calorie intake. I used to think I could eat anything but now I know better. I used to eat out but i stayed away from fast foods. I was shock to when I read somewhere that there are also meals served in fancy restaurants that are loaded with fat so I gotta stay away from those too. Plan your meals.

CARLAB
Style_council
CARLAB

diets…??only under medical supervision…!

New_user 52542 is new to Chictopia!

10 points - Become a fan

When 52542 reaches 200 Chic Points, she will be in the Style Council!

I have been a vegetarian for about a year now.
Its fun to make tofu taste like anything you want!
I have lost weight from this diet and I find it helpful for me.
It has made me appreciate cooking more.
:]

secretlover
Style_council
secretlover

I try to eat by the clock and not by how my tummy feels. Like every 3 to 4 hours. I eat small meals instead of 3 or 4 big meals. This keeps my metabolism up. I also try to do push ups or sit ups twice a day just to pump my blood up, again for my metabolism. I hit the gym maybe around 3 to 5 times per week. lifting weights. I try to run 2 30 minute sessions per week if i have the time.

stay away from sugars, starchy carbs.
I eat a lot of fish ang chicken. Boiled as much as possible. Away from the salt to show the muscle definition, this will get rid of the “soft” look caused by water retention.

It’s stressful but it’s better to count your calories. You’ll never go wrong LOL

I weight 145 lbs so i multiply my body weight to 2 = 290 so I eat 290 grams of protein per day.
I divide my body weight to two then that’s my carbo intake within my work out time. The rest i try to keep it to the minimum all day.

One cheat day per week, i pig out on ice cream and chicken wings! LOL

jennyem
Style_council
jennyem

I used to go overboard with dieting, i find now that exercise is key, not dieting.

sillylittlebead
Style_council
sillylittlebead

healthy living= life. vegetarian almost 4 years and never turning back

secretlover
Style_council
secretlover

jennyem – dieting is not starvation so it just means you have to eat quality food at the right amounts.

You can exercise all you want but it’s just 30 percent of what you’re gonna look like. 30% will be rest/sleep and remaining 40 is nutrition. = 100

fernandafgm
Style_council
fernandafgm

I never did any diet

posted almost 9 years ago

qgibsonLL
Style_council
qgibsonLL

No diet, just a lifestyle. Low carbs High in protein and veggies. My favorite indulges here and there. And I love the gym….simple.

posted over 8 years ago

MurasakiNeko
Style_council
MurasakiNeko

I cook for myself most of the time (even pack my own lunch for work) so I know exactly what I’m eating. I use fresh ingredients and fairly simple recipes. I eat lots of veggies, more veggies than any other food group. I make lots of boiled, steamed, grilled, and baked things (rather than fried). I use less sauce/dressings and more seasoning/garnishes to flavor my food. (If you’re using quality ingredients, you shouldn’t need much help to make them taste good). I’m not a vegetarian but I rotate between vegetarian, fish, and meat meals for health’s sake. I keep portions low and eat until I’m satiated, not full.

My normal meals are pretty healthy, but I have to mention: I still eat sweets, deep-fried foods, heavy sauces, and a fair amount of salty snacks on occasion. I don’t ever deprive myself of anything, because then my cravings would drive me crazy and I would just go and binge on it. You only need a little bit of a guilty pleasure to feel satisfied— but if it’s only a little, then there’s no need to feel guilty!

posted over 8 years ago
REPLY TO DISCUSSION
Please log in. Don't have an account? Sign up here.
Continue_with_facebook
or login below
Username
Password