Forum
SEARCH FORUM:

Forum > Beauty

Facebook
Twitter
Googleplus
TheJuniorBabyDoll
New_user TheJuniorBabyDoll is new to Chictopia!

Make Her Feel Welcome with Chic Points
10 points - Become a fan
5 points - Vote her photos into the Style Gallery
1 point - Post a comment on her photos

When TheJuniorBabyDoll reaches 200 Chic Points, she will be in the Style Council!
TheJuniorBab...

do you ever get tired of shopping on a budget ?

posted almost 8 years ago
Umbrellastripes
Style_council
Umbrellastripes

It sucks but it’s necessary, I usually wait till I have about $200 or more saved from my tip money and then I go splurge

NuBambu
Style_council
NuBambu

I get tired of shopping on a budget, but it makes me more creative and keeps my mind sharp! It’s a lot more difficult to put together a winning look on a shoestring, so when I’m able to pull it off, I’m proud of myself.

oliviaba7x
Style_council
oliviaba7x

Yes, especially when it comes to make-up. Some drugstore products are amazing like my foundation and mascarra have always been drugstore. But when it comes down to eyeshadows and eyeliners high end is just so much better quality.

I have oily eyelids so my eye make-up doesn’t stay all day. If I use an urban decay shadow and it creases it’s not too bad and I can just blend the product for an easy fix. But if i wear some maybelline eyeshadow its almost completely gone and bledning it out would further remove the product.

Shopping on a budget sucks but its not all that bad.

hii_live
Style_council
hii_live

It’s not like you don’t have an option; I mean, 3 months of shopping on a budget or 1 month of shopping more expensive things.. As I’ve gotten a little older (and not growing anymore, haha), I find that I appreciate quality garments much more, and will rather buy 5 fantastic garments at a total of $1000 during a season than 50 garments that will not last as long or look as flattering. It’s all about priority, really. That said, I also think about where and on what I splurge/save.

Splurge; coats, jackets, anything leather, knits (cashmere, mohair, angora, wool) everyday shoes, jeans (you really don’t need that many pairs), day dresses and classic, fool proof formal/party/cocktail dresses. Basically anything you’ll get a low cost-per-wear from!
Save; tanks, hosiery (i LOOVE H&M’s 200 den tights), cotton-anything, party shoes (how often do you really wear them?), super-trendy garments, shirts, accesories (you can get a lot of bling for your buck, and no one will tell the difference), jersey-anything and dresses for clubbing.

H07xox
Style_council
H07xox

it’s hard i wish i had tons of money to spend at one time! it’s an addiction :(

equinoti
New_user equinoti is new to Chictopia!

10 points - Become a fan

When equinoti reaches 200 Chic Points, she will be in the Style Council!
equinoti

Sometimes, I really do, but more often than not I feel better when I find deals and can come up with outfits and what not. Usually, if I really, really want something though, I try to make it myself if possible. LOL!

But I do wish I had the money to spend on some more expensive brands.

theteenrunway
Style_council
theteenrunway

Yes I do. I have a budget of very little money, but I guess I still find good stuff if I save my money or go to outlet make up stores such as bareMinerals! I love they’re makeup, and I get it at a low cost. The Tanger Outlets and Premium Outlets in San Marcos have really high end stores, and some are 50% off!

idreamadream
Style_council
idreamadream

I HATE IT!

AliceSara
Style_council
AliceSara

It’s not that bad, I actually get a chick out of finding amazing stuff (both design and quality wise) at low prices, and bargain hunting is definitely one of my hobbies. :)

MurasakiNeko
Style_council
MurasakiNeko

Of course I think it would be more comfortable if I never had to think about price and just get things because I like the look of them . . . But most of the time I don’t mind it too much. And I actually get a big rush out of finding good deals; sometimes I feel I like a piece of clothing even better just because I found a good price for it!

etceteraism
Style_council
etceteraism

It would be nice to just go into a store and buy whatever I want. But shopping on a budget makes me more careful about my spending, and think a lot more about what I’m buying. I used to be more frivolous when I was younger and just started making money-and I ended up with so many items in my closet that never got worn. What a waste. So now I pick carefully, splurging sometimes and “cheaping out” otherwise-but all the pieces I buy I wear for years.
Usually I shop in bursts though-even though I have a budget each month, I’ll spend 3x that in one month and then not buy any clothes for 2 or 3 months. So it evens out.

tightsandtea
Style_council
tightsandtea

I’m the opposite now. I was the quintessential starving college student until I got a part-time job—now it’s hard not to spend money, because there’s no argument against it. I’d never spend a lot of money on one single item, but it adds up—like, even small things like going to the local cafe or buying small things you don’t need. I never used to before, but I do it all the time now.

Like hii_live said, some things deserve to be splurged on—but those are items you don’t need to buy often. That being said, cheap clothes can be durable and flattering. I have some F21 dresses from literally 5 years ago, and they still look great—they were like $12 at the time :P

Chris213
Style_council
Chris213

Yes, of course. However there are lots of good cheaper clothing and makeup options, you just have to work a little harder.

Jadhai93
New_user Jadhai93 is new to Chictopia!

10 points - Become a fan

When Jadhai93 reaches 200 Chic Points, she will be in the Style Council!
Jadhai93

You don’t need a lot of money to look good. That’s what I love about clothes, have you ever actually tried going to a thrift store? you see the potential someone else didn’t in clothes. You can always tailor them and make your own creation. A one of a kind outfit no one else in the world is wearing. Rather than going to Forever 21 and having the same lace top as 3,230,249,324 people.

urbanbohemianluv
Style_council
urbanbohemia...

of course!! where’s the fun in shopping with a budget?!?!? but it really helps to go to thrift stores to find one of a kind pieces .

andreaminoza
Style_council
andreaminoza

i do but it’s what keeps us from spending too much that some aren’t used at all :)

JanelleEfe
Style_council
JanelleEfe

I’m poised to start college this fall, but until them i’m not really on a budget. i spend my own money on clothes, but i thrift so i can always get a lot for a little. I’ll get back to this once i’m a starving college kid though!

Humming
Style_council
Humming

I used to spend a lot of money on clothes. I used to shop a lot too. But lately, with a few changes in lifestyle, I´ve had to cut right back.
Sometimes it´s difficult, but luckily I have a lot of things from years ago…. that I still LOVE.
It´s easier for me not to look!!!
The one thing I hate to budget is creams. face and body… hmmmmm,,,,

Countnumber7
Style_council
Countnumber7

good god yes I hate it! I shop like that !

REPLY TO DISCUSSION
Please log in. Don't have an account? Sign up here.
Continue_with_facebook
or login below
Username
Password